Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Middle School drama in our highest House?

Being "civil" is the next big fad in Washington.
These two seemingly sane guys had the "unprecedented" idea to sit together at the state of the union adress! See this Star Tribune article




You may feel that this is just as an amazing event as this writer thinks it is. I certainly do.
And I am certainly excited by it. But I can't help feeling like I'm back in middle school.
"ZOMG becky is going to sit by jimmy at lunch??" pretty much summarizes this article.


I feel like I've seen this before on TV or something...
Except the media is the guy in the commercial and instead of getting angry and crashing the car they freak out and yell the news out the car window.

(No, I am not advertising for Allstate)


This begs the question, why is it that such seemingly basic acts are being hailed as immortal feats?
Shouldn't republicans and democrats sitting by each other be so common that it is not news worthy (Perhaps we need to desegregate congress???) and true acts of civility and bi-partisanship will have to occur to receive attention?

But these are just my simple thoughts, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment